If you do not have adequate knowledge of internet then you might end up installing unwanted browser add-ons without knowledge. These add-ons might start popping up ads and make your browsing experience worst. You might even end up seeing a different homepage and search engine as well and wish you could Restore Browser. So this tutorial will teach you how you can Reset Web Browser to their Default Settings.
How to Reset Google Chrome?
- Open google chrome and visit customize and control Google Chrome → Settings.
- Scroll down till you find show advanced settings and click on it.
- Scroll down and you will be able to see Reset Settings button. This button is used to restore settings to their original defaults. Click on it.
- A popup box will be displayed with the information about what things it will reset and what are the things it won’t clear. Click on Reset.
How to Refresh Mozilla Firefox?
In order to refresh or Reset Mozilla Firefox follow the instruction given below.
- Open Mozilla Firefox Menu → Help Menu.
- Navigate and click on Troubleshoot Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox displayed under give Firefox a tune up.
- A popup box will get open which will display information like it will remove your add-ons and customizations and will restore your browser settings to their defaults. Click on Refresh Firefox.
Note: Old data of Mozilla Firefox will be saved in a folder called Old Firefox Data on Desktop.
How to Reset Internet Explorer?
- Go to Tools → Internet Options.
- Visit Advanced tab.
- Click on reset button under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- A popup box will get open displaying warning are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings.
- Click on checkbox to mark delete personal settings.
- Click on Reset.
Note: You need to restart your Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.
How to Reset Apple Safari?
- Visit general Safari Settings Menu → Reset Safari.
- A popup box will get open. Mark all options which you want to reset and click on Reset button.